Welcome to TUM!
The Welcome Center assists International Researchers, Guest Professors, Lecturers and Postdocs with relocation and integration at TUM and in the Munich area - no matter if you conduct research at our Munich, Garching or Freising campus:
- Application and Funding - How do I become a researcher at TUM?
- Visa, Residence Permits, Registration of Residence - What do I have to consider before my departure and after my arrival in Germany?
- Accommodation Service - Information and Advice for your house-hunting and related costs
- Insurances, Pension Provisions, Taxes - Health Insurance, Pension Schemes, Income Taxes etc.
- Services at TUM - Kids, Family & Elder Care, Cafeteria, Library, Sports etc.
- Get settled in Munich - Bank Account, Sports, Language Classes etc.
- Welcome Events and Cultural Program - Events which are organized especially for international researchers - You and your friends and families are most welcome!
- Spouse Service - Individual support for accompanying life partners
- Feedbacks - Researchers and their families share their experiences
To meet our diverse international guest, we cordially invite you to visit the website of the TUM Research - Alumnis.
You can get to know the Hungarian family Papp a bit better in the current issue of the KontakTUM magazine (page 34/35).
- Download Flyer TUM Welcome Center
- Download Checklist Researcher to be well prepared for the German administrative hurdles
- Download Checklist Host Professor to be the perfect host
- Download Cultural Program October 2016 - March 2017 with monthly events